The library has modified its policies, procedures, and services during the special circumstances our state and country are going through. Please see below.
- As per college policy, masks are required.
- You must check in with the front desk when you arrive.
- Leave your cleaning token where you sit to notify library staff that the area needs cleaning.
- Maintain social distancing: stay at least 6 ft. away from everyone else.
- There are 10 computer stations to use in the library. This is fewer than normal because of social distancing.
- In-library use laptops are available for checkout. These can be used anywhere in the library.
Rooms to Zoom
- The library has six (6) individual rooms set aside for students who need to attend an online scheduled Zoom class.
- Only one (1) student may use a room at a time.
- You may not reserve the rooms ahead of time. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The rooms are locked between uses. To use a room, come to the front desk and we will check out a key to you.
- If a student has used the room prior to you, we will provide you with cleaning supplies so you can wipe the space down.
- You may not stay in the room between classes. You must exit the room and turn in the key. You may check out another room when it is time for your next class.
- In-library use only laptops are available for check out. Just go to the front desk.
- You may remove your mask when you're alone in the room. You must wear your mask everywhere else on campus.
- If all of our rooms are in use, go to the First Quadrant (200s hallway) to connect to a Zoom class.
- Rooms to Zoom may not be used for testing.
- You may sit anywhere in the library to test.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser is available on all library computers. This should satisfy testing requirements.
- If you do not own a laptop, apply to the G.O.A.L. Program. This program will allow you to check out a laptop for the whole semester.
- You must submit an application here: https://www.pvcc.edu/student-services/library/goal-program
- Typically, you must be enrolled in at least 6 credits and have an EFC of $0-$7000. These requirements have been waived this semester. You must simply be enrolled, no credit minimum.
- Laptops are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students are placed on a waiting list when all laptops have been distributed. You are still encouraged to apply, even if no laptops are available, as they can become available later in the semester.
- Almost all of our services are available online.
- If you need help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR chat with use when the library is open. The chat feature is located on all library webpages.
- After hours, chat is open, and you will connect to librarians from other locations around the country and the world.
- You can access all of our electronic resources online 24/7. Simply login using your MyPVCC username and password.
- If you need a book that's on the shelf, use our library catalog to request it. You can pick it up at the library or we can ship it to you. Make sure your address is up to date in SIS.
- If we don't have something that you need, you can ask that we get it from another library. This is called interlibrary loan (ILL). These items can also be picked up at the library or shipped to your home.
For more information, see https://libguides.pvcc.edu/covid-19 or contact email@example.com