Access the Nursing Reference Center. Note: If you're off-campus, you will be prompted to login with your myPVCC username and password.
Select the appropriate tab before searching. Note: You can leave it on "Basic Search" to search across everything.
- Diseases & Conditions - Contains both "quick lessons" which are designed to map the nursing workflow and "evidence-based care sheets" which contain summaries of the diseases and how to treat it.
- Skills & Procedures - Contains both clinical papers detailing the steps to achieve proficiency in a specific nursing tasks, as well as "cultural competencies" on how to give care to specific groups of people.
- Drug Information - Find details about specific drugs by searching Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses and AHFS Drug Information Essentials.
- Patient Education - Contains handouts and information directed to patients, not nurses.
- Practice Resources - Access and search several ebooks, including Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutic Manual and Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests,
Enter your search term. In this case, we will search the "Drug Information" tab for "ibuprofen."
Click from the results to read the entry.