Access the Nursing Reference Center. Note: If you're off-campus, you will be prompted to login with your myPVCC username and password.
Select the appropriate tab before searching, or search under All Areas if you want to search across everything. If you don't see a specific area, click the "More" button.
- Diseases - Consult thousands of disease and condition topics that map to the nursing workflow and include the latest evidence known today. Topics focus on disease overviews, risk factors, prevention, diagnosis, comorbidities, prevalence in various populations, complications, treatment strategies, outcomes, and much more.
- Skills - Contains both clinical papers detailing the steps to achieve proficiency in a specific nursing tasks, as well as "cultural competencies" on how to give care to specific groups of people.
- Drugs - Find details about specific drugs by searching Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses and AHFS Drug Information Essentials.
- Management - Management topics focus on nursing leadership in a wide variety of domains, including financial management, governance, decision-making, driving organizational change, fostering employee growth, strategic planning, and much more.
- Continuing Ed - CINAHL Information Systems is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), which promotes the highest standards of nursing practice and quality care. CINAHL Information Systems is also accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Each course consists of course materials, an interactive review, a final test, and a module evaluation
- Patient Ed - Contains evidence-based patient education handouts.These handouts are based on the best available evidence, and include detailed medical illustrations and Spanish-language versions for nearly all handouts. Nurses can custom print handouts for each patient, adding personalized care notes. Patients will find them easy to read and use.
- Books - Browse and search through these popular reference resources to access additional quick information in support of clinical questions on lab tests, diseases, drugs, care plans, assessment data, and much more. Includes books such as Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutic Manual and Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests,
Enter your search term. In this case, we will search the "Drugs" tab for "ibuprofen."
Click from the results to read the entry.